Significant Traffic Crash Statistics in Ohio, Cincinnati and Nationwide
Good news — the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that traffic fatalities are on the decline. Statistics show there were 25% fewer traffic fatalities in 2009 than in 2005. Nevertheless, accidents still do occur and if you suffer injury from a car accident, a Cincinnati car accident lawyer may be able to help you recover compensation, depending on the circumstances surrounding your accident.
The Ohio Department of Public Safety (ODPS) tracks Ohio traffic crash statistics statewide and by city on a yearly basis. In 2011 there were a total of 292,163 crashes in Ohio. Here are some facts about injury and damages involved with these crashes:
- There were 72,305 injury crashes
- There were 941 fatal injury crashes
- There were 218,917 crashes that only involved property damage
The ODPS classified individuals suffering injuries from Ohio crashes into four categories:
- Possible injuries (52,813)
- Incapacitating injuries (9,523)
- Non-incapacitating injuries (43,781)
- Fatalities (1,015)
Cincinnati’s crash statistics broke down in the following way:
- Total crashes (360)
- Injury crashes (113) and people injured (161)
- Property damage only crashes (239)
- Fatal crashes (8) and total deaths (9)
If you suffer injury in a traffic accident or lose a loved one, Cincinnati auto accident attorneys can investigate and gather evidence to protect your rights — and, when someone else is at fault, recover compensation for damages.
At The Law Firm of Weisser & Wolf, our attorneys are skilled at negotiating with insurance companies to arrive at fair settlements. If you case should go to trial, you can rely on our 70 years of combined experience.